Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jessica Dittmer with Midnight Hour Designs....

Your name?
Jessica: Jessica Dittmer

How long have you been in business?
Jessica: Studio has been in business for 4 years

What is the best advice (Pay It Forward Style) you could give a photographer starting out in the business?
Jessica: Be hands on...you can read about how to do something but until you do it and work on it and experiment and aren't afraid to make mistakes you won't learn. Also, try not to spend more than you need to. Purchase what you can afford or if using a credit card pay it back off immediately. Save for more investments like high quality lenses, backdrops,etc...that will be items you'll keep.

What is something you have learned in the past that you carry with you to the present?
Jessica: Don't spend money you don't have.

One thing you just CANT live without?
Jessica: My Hasselblad Camera-completely manual in every way and film and it is truly my most prized camera. It belonged to my grandfather and I have a strong connection with it. Shooting with it and then going in the bathroom to process my film is one of my favorite things to do.

Your favorite quote?
Jessica: It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Wildest Craziest Thing you have done?
Jessica: Swimming in my underwear in this beautiful river in France (I was 16) there were many others there too swimming on that hot day...it was so fun!

Who is your hero?
Jessica: Well someone I much admire for their creativity and their accomplishments in a path that I hope to follow would be Mary Engelbreit. I have an ad coming out for Wish You Wells in the new Oct./Nov. issue of her magazine Home Companion and I'm thrilled!


Tell us a little bit about your midnighthourdesign?
Jessica: Well it was just over a year ago that I decided I'd like to make some blends and was enjoying the idea of what they were used for and how each could be so unique. So, I tried to make one and did. I then thought it would be a nice card background so I made cards...then book templates, then borders, and it just snowballed from there. I advertise on several photography forums and contribute free templates often as well. I've been trying to do more tutorials lately for people too. I'm working on a brand new website that is an e-commerce storefront and everything will be easier to order. I keep busy between the studio, midnight hour design and wish you wells art. Just over a year and wow...a lot can happen in a year!

Jessica donated to the blog earlier, but we just had to interview her as well, she is a giving soul:
Link to Jessicas earlier donation, shabby texture:
http://payitforwardphoto.blogspot.com/2007/07/texture-texture-read-all-about-it.html

Links to all jessicas awesome stuff:
http://www.midnighthourdesign.com/
http://www.jessicadittmerphotography.com/
http://www.wishyouwellsonline.com/

No comments: