Monday, December 24, 2007

Winner of the Big Kahuna Best of 2007 PIF Contest

Winning Entry
So we have to start off by saying, we called this young lady to tell her she won, and bless her heart she started crying. We felt like Oprah on the show where they go too peoples houses and tell them they won. Tonight was truley special.
We asked the Winner to send us an email to tell us a little bit more on her winning entry, here is her email. Bless her heart. And now we are crying. Congratulations Shelly!
-pif blogger


"Well, I first want to say that I am extremely honored to have won this contest! My name is Shelly Hart and I am the mother of 4 daughters. I was completely shocked that I won because I have only been taking photos for about 3 months and did not think I stood a chance! I started out, hoping that I had some potential in photography and then just poured all of my time in to learning all that I could about photography and editing. I decided that I might be on to something and tentatively announced my photography business and things flew from there. Captured With Hart Photography took off sooner than I expected and I can hardly keep up! I don't even have a website so this is an awesome prize!

When I thought about what Christmas meant, I knew exactly what I had in mind. I always reflect on Christmas memories in front of the tree, hoping for Santa when I was little and praying to thank God for the gift of the baby in the manger when I was older. The picture is depicts a grown woman looking back on her past and viewing Christmas through the eyes of the child she once was. Thank you to my oldest daughte and my sister for helping bring this vision to life. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

This contest means so much to me and has been a great way to end 2007. Thanks so much to the payitforward blog for all of the kindness shared. I never thought that after a few short months, I would be able to accomplish things I never dreamed I could. You definitely had a part in that! Can't wait to see what 2008 brings!

Shelly Hart

..............still crying and shaking!"



*Please email us your information to pifphoto@gmail.com , address and email, so that we may forward that info to all the sponsors of the contest. Thank you-pifblogger
Winner wins:

Tricoast Photo
Finding Color Actions - $125.00 Finding Color Processing DVD - $150.00 Bridal DVD - $100.00 Inspirational DVD - $100.00 Mastering Digital Wedding Photography Book (Named by Shutterbug Magazine as one of the Top Books of 2007) $40.00 normally but personally autographed by me – Value: $0.00 Grand Total: $475.00 plus the book
Phaunt Actions
Newest Action Pack she has out (Priced at $75)
Pussycat Superstar
Pussycat Superstar Fashionista set. It has 13 actions for glamour/funky effects.
And 10 ACR presets. (Valued at, alot, LOL)
Beyond Just Images
Membership valued at (65.00) -there is a approval process with this prize due to the nature of the forum.
Flashpallete
Um HELLO A WEBSITE, yeah! lol (Details too be shared with winner)
Kelly Hadded Design
4 GORGEOUS storyboards of her own special design
Swissmiss CARDS
A set of their exclusive holiday cards!
http://noochphotography.blogspot.com/
3 Borders to rock the PIF WINNER!
http://imagegardenphotos.com/design/ - Joell Parkos
One set of her holiday card collection (yay!!)
Silverlake Photo Accessories
Hand Painted Backdrop of your choice (no abstract or scenics)
http://www.photographicmvpdesign.blogspot.com/
25 Lightroom presets with help file (WOWZA)
Last but not least, TINA PARKER!! http://mylilcreations.blogspot.com/
Something very special for the winner!

12 comments:

LiveLoveLaugh Photography said...

Shelly,
That was an amazing photo. KUDOS!

I would also love to see if possible a gallery of other entries.

Thanks for making this all possible and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Pay It Forward said...

Red Lotus,
Please repost your comment, for some reason it didnt go through.
Thank you.
PIF Blogger

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shelly - a lovely image.

I would love to see some of the other entries!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of posting my entry to flickr...

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic photo! It took my brain a second to process that I was looking at two different individuals and not an actual reflection. Amazing how simiar the profiles of the young woman and child are.

Being brand new to photography, I would be interested in knowing how this was done and if this particular photograph will be offered for purchase. Thanks!

MPH Photography said...

Wonderful shot. Congratulations! What a great Christmas present.

hartgirlies said...

How flattering! Thank you for all the compliments! If anyone wants to see some of my other work, I am currently posting it on flickr until I get my website, thanks to payitforward :). http://www.flickr.com/photos/hartgirlies/
lillyanna-Please contact me for further information about the photo. I would love to "pay forward" the information! hartgirlies@yahoo.com.

Unknown said...

congrats! what fun!
can't wait to see all the entries!! wish I had time to submit mine!

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

This is truely Awesome! Thanks for sharing this great news with us.

Love you Much!
Aunt Leanah & Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a creative photo! Congratulations, you deserve it. Merry Christmas all!

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

This is another example of things happening for a reason. This is just awesome.
Best wishes Shelly. I can see this honor for you as a gift to be able to share things like this with others.