Tuesday, May 29, 2007

She's got a whole lotta action going on, Its Kylie, and she's paying it forward!!

Interviewed Kylie, and she is a fun gal!

How long in the photography business?
Kylie:Officially opened for business in Jan. of this year, but have been studying photography for 4 years, and have been geeking it up in photoshop since 1998. I was a junior in highschool and my boyfriend at the time was a photoshop nerd. He got me started, and I've dabbled in it ever since. It wasn't until I got serious about photography that I really got into the nitty gritty of photoshop, though.


Tips on favorite technique in photoshop?
Kylie:
Gosh, where to begin?? I think the #1 thing that photographers NEED to learn is MASKING. I can't tell you how many times I've seen photographers draw a blank when the topic is brought up, and it's such an essential tool in photoshop! It will save you SO much time once you learn it-- trust me! I'm going to be doing a tutorial on the blog soon about it, hopefully it will explain it in simple terms and help people get started on it. It's really not that hard once you get the basics.

Piece of equipment you just CANT live without?
Kylie
: Hmm.. Besides the obvious? I'd say my Whibal card (www.whibal.com). I love not having to worry about white balance while shooting. RAW is the best!

What's three things you keep at your desk while you work?
Kylie: card reader to upload new pics, Dr. Pepper (with crushed ice), Cheerios (for the baby, who is usually playing on the floor beside me)

Your favorite quote?
Kylie:
I'm always collecting and displaying quotes to remind myself of the important things in life. I recently put this one on a post-it note on my wall...
"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Simon says touch your nose, did you do it?
Kylie: Hah, No, but I did go cross-eyed looking at it!

Kylie links are:
Business: http://www.kyliebanks.com/
Photoshop Blog: http://phauntactions.blogspot.com/
email: actions@kyliebanks.com

AND...........................................

YOUR GETTING SOME ACTIONS! Phaunt actions (Kylie), Paying it forward!!!!!!!
Clorix Before and After:

Eye Pop Before and After

Sunshine Before and After

Link to download:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100232225/Kylies_Pay_It_forward_Action_Set.zip

Thank you Kylie for Paying It Forward!!

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

OMG, LOVE these actions...THANK YOU! Got Kylie's blog bookmarked and looking forward to learning about masking too.

Jeremi said...

These are awesome actions! I love her WHOLE SET!! Thanks Kylie!

Gerri Photography said...

I love her actions too! How fantastic that you are PIF, Kylie!