Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Brad Gives us advice for the PIF blog!!!

Your name:
Brad Buttry

How long in the photography business?
Brad: I've always loved photography -- I remember my first 35mm back in the 80s. A Canon AE-1 Program. I am a graphic artist and photographer and have been shooting seriously for about 3 years I guess.
What is the best advice (Pay It Forward Style) you could give a photographer starting out in the business?
Brad: Don't give up! Stay determined and take lots of pictures. Also, one of the best things to do is study other photographers work. Look at other sites on the web and visually compare your photos with other professional photographers. What makes them stand out? What poses look better? Study the lighting and try to duplicate what their doing.
Piece of equipment you just CANT live without?
Brad: Canon EF 100-400mm IS USM lens! Love it! Also, my computer and PHOTOSHOP (did I mention Photoshop?) AND my WACOM tablet.
What's three things you keep at your desk while you work?
Brad: My trusty WACOM Intuous tablet (for painting), my collection of jazz music, and lots of starbuck coffee! (No phones allowed!!!!)
Your favorite quote?
Brad: "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." Thomas A. Edison
Your a virtual Oil painter, what is your favorite picture you have done so far?
Brad: My youngest daughter is so full of character and loves to pose for photographs. This is a photograph I captured of her in a country scene. I call it Country Girl.





No comments: