Friday, June 1, 2007

Its Amy, yeah yeah, Its Amy!

Your name:
Amy: Amy Wenzel

How long have you been in the photography business?
Amy: 3 years

If you were on a boat, the motor goes out, your stuck in the middle of the ocean, whats one thing you will have with you that you just cant live without?
Amy: My husband. He's my best friend. Plus we'd have one more adventurous story to tell our grandchildren if we survived the tragic boat problem.

Piece of equipment you cant live without?
Amy: I'm going to list 2 things I can't live without if thats okay. The first thing is a really fast lens. I'd never make it in all those low light situations without my 50mm 1.4 and my 24-70mm 2.8. And I could NEVER live without Photoshop. It brings the magic to my images.

What is the best advice (Pay It Forward Style) you could give a photographer starting out in the business?
Amy: I could go on and on! Take risks. Never let your fear hold you back. Search your heart and only focus your creative energies on the things you truly want to do...not the things you feel you SHOULD do. Always play to your strengths. Don't be afraid to say NO. Excellent photo editing skills are a MUST in this industry. Invest in proofing actions, take workshops, experiment a ton and learn all that you can about Photoshop. Respect your clients and form friendships with them. After all, you wouldn't be where you are without them. And remember that in life, what goes around comes around.

Whats three things you have at your desk while working?
Amy: A tall jug of water to keep me hydrated, my list of goals taped on the wall next to me, and a large supply of sticky notes.

Who is your hero?
Amy: My heros are Moms with young kids who run the photo business. I don't know how they do it!

Favorite picture that you took?


Links:


http://www.amywenzel.com/ My Website
http://www.swissmisscards.com/ My Creative Card Designs for Photographers


And....she made a card template specially for PAY IT FORWARD!



Link to download:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100212399/BirthAnnouncement.psd

*Thanks to Amy for PIF and the lovely template!

No comments: